We just keep swimming!

Monday, December 13, 2010

Another long gap!

As a very basic update to things around here..... BAHHHHHH.

Halloween was fun. Kayla was a tutu kitty cat, and she went trick-or-treating with Kylie's family. It was really great to see Kylie in her own home. I think that if it's possible, any caretaker should take any opportunity to see their children in their own homes for a little while. Whether there's any merit to it or not, I really felt that seeing her play with her brothers in her own home, eat dinner at the family table, and just observing her where she lives really made me feel closer to her. When I see her now it feels like she's extended family instead of a stranger's child.

Thanksgiving was also very nice. We spent the weekend following it at Brian's parent's house. Kayla got to see Emma, Gabriella and Tom.

And December has been hectic. We didn't even decorate outside this year. It kept getting put off for one reason or another, and now it's just too late to bother. All that work for only a week or two of enjoying it... no thanks. The tree is up and that seems to amuse the girls enough. Christmas cards are addressed and ready to be sent, but I just have to get more stamps.

Not much as changed around the house as far as the babysitting has gone. A gate has gone up across part of the kitchen blocking some shelves with appliances and the cat litter box. Kylie has free run of both rooms, which is more that we did for Kayla. She likes sliding around on her bum. We also installed a fridge lock, which is the greatest thing ever. Although, it broke recently. So I guess it's not really the greatest thing ever, but it's still a neat little thing that saved a lot of headaches.

Kayla and I have done a few cute projects over the past few months that I'll have to upload in another post.

Wow, all over the place. Plans for Christmas are very unsettled. All we know is that Christmas day, we will be with my family for dinner at 2. Other than that, I have no idea what's happening. I guess we shall see.

Ok, that was a very, very short updated on the past couple of months. Off to read, and then to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment