We just keep swimming!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

In Progress: Cloth Diaper storage and Upcycled bookshelf

So here's the progress on my cloth diaper storage unit. I got the idea from pinterest, so I can't claim originality.

Here's my inspiration:
http://wallfry.blogspot.com/2011/06/upholstered-drawers.html

Here's the result:





The original tutorial mentioned that you needed to use dressers that don't have handles, but I still was able to do this without a problem. I just unscrewed the knobs, and then used an exacto to cut a very small hole through the fabric and batting. The knobs screwed on perfectly and it looks nice.
Ever since I redid the kitchen chair fabric, I'm finding a new love for upholstering. I wonder what else I can add some fabric and batting to around here?

Now if we could just get the crib put together, a mattress, and an actual dresser for in the room and maybe the nursery will start to actually come together. Brian thinks I'm rushing things, but I'm almost 27 weeks pregnant now, and even if I didn't have the bleeding problems early on, Kayla was almost 2 weeks early. I can safely assume that this baby will also be that early since subsequent pregnancies tend to have earlier labors than previous ones. So that means we're down to 13 weeks for a 40 week, full term pregnancy, 11 weeks for a probable 38 week pregnancy, and less if my bleeding complications and friable cervix lead to any other issues later. It is NOT that far away.
Holy crap, it's really not that far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment