We just keep swimming!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Some of Kayla's seasonal art

For loving crafty things as much as I do, I really don't have my projects that Kayla has done to show off. Or that I've done, for that matter. I have a lot of ideas and not enough time to execute any of them, because when I do have a free moment, I usually use it to allow my mind to wander aimlessly, leisurely, before being ripped back into reality with a screaming infant and destructive 2 year old.

And not to mention that trying to do any craft with Kayla is like torture. She either doesn't want anything to do with it, or has a nuclear meltdown when it's over because she wants to keep doing it.

Anywho.

These are some of the stuff she's made From the past few months. I think they came out pretty cute. Granted, some of these were very little of what she did, and mostly my effort in cutting out shapes and putting it all together. But still, her heart was in it, and I consider them her creations.


For the fall, she made an autumn tree:















Then for Halloween, some ghost feet:















Then I got really ambitious for Thanksgiving, and she did a few:

































One is just hand cut-outs, one is made with hand-prints for feathers, and the other is made with fingerprints. These were extremely tiresome to make. This is one example of when Kayla would scream because we had to wait to paint. In between each of the layers of feathers, you had to wait for the paint to dry. Oh boy.


And finally, this is the only Christmas one we've done. It's pretty basic, but still:


And that's it. Sadly. I have another idea for Christmas, which involves more painting and waiting for things to dry, so I'm sure it will be a nightmare. Worth it, of course, because she gets to paint and have fun, we get a cute end product, and the world keeps on spinning.

No comments:

Post a Comment