We just keep swimming!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's 2012 and Miscellaneous stuff

So, like I mentioned in the last post, we have taken an indefinite break on the preschooling stuff until I deliver this baby. I've been having so much false labor on top of being just exhausted in general. I can't keep up with Kayla in general and just don't have the energy to follow a schedule. I managed to get to story time with her last Monday but yesterday I didn't have it in me.

I've only done a handful of Valentine's things with her. I mostly just let her go hog-wild with hearts and glitter and foam stickers and what not. But we did make some cute heart flowers and a little vase for them and I'll post pictures of it below.

First of all, my new favorite craft supplies- these awesome hole punches. Expensive as all get-out originally (I think this one was 18 dollars?!) but since A.C. Moore is awesome and sends 40% off or more coupons each week, I picked one up. Fun stuff.


Valentine's things:



Valentine's tree-




Valentine's flowers- 




(this is an old olive jar)

(Put some colored rice in there so the flowers stood nicely)


I think it looks cute! 




I also decided to pick up this book:

Was sort of a whim. There are some cute things in there, and she went through several pages already of them. My only gripe with it is that she actually seems to know a lot of the stuff in there really well already. That's just my bad. I didn't look through the book too much before buying and skimmed. Had I taken more time to see the stuff it covered I would have known that it's very basic, but all in all, it's a nice way to review some of the more basic things we've covered already. Perfect for our hiatus from curriculum things, too. 

Another thing she really enjoyed was this counting thing we did. She is pretty good with her numbers up to 20. She can identify them all easily, but when counting she always skips 14 and 16. So I made these little pipe cleaner things and we used pony beads to put the correct number of beads on each one. 



That's all for now. Off to wait for real labor. After a night of horrible, painful false labor I've all but given up hope of it actually happening. 39 weeks today and more pregnant than I ever was with Kayla. Really didn't expect to go this long, but Paige had her own plans. Mommy is ready to get this started! 


No comments:

Post a Comment