We just keep swimming!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hairbows

I have a slight obsession with hairbows. I was so excited to find out we were having a girl, and solely because I was looking forward to dressing her up and accessorizing her.



Now, I've gotten pretty good at making some of them. I was intending on learning to make hairbows and sell them online or at craft fairs, so I stocked up on ribbon and dove headfirst into it. Well, Brian sprung an engagement on me and wedding planning sort of overtook my life for six months. By the time the wedding was over, I had started this childcare thing, and bow-making fell to the bottom of the list of priorities. I have made many in the meantime, but they're all for Kayla or her cousin, Emma, and I just don't have the energy left over from everything else to sell them. So I just consider it a nice little hobby to help accessorize Kayla and her cousin (very soon-to be TWO cousins).

Some I've made:










(Both Emma and Kayla are wearing some of them)


... and those are just a few. Her fall outfits already have coordinating bows. But, I still always recommend the website http://fiveblessedbows.com/ especially for newborn bows. Even when Kayla only have about 5 strands of hair on her head, the bows from this site stayed in. They use some grippy material that is awesome, and their bows are incredible. I still wind up buying from them on occasion because their products are professional quality and I'm just not there yet.



Those are a couple of newborn sized grippers from the site. That's not even an early enough picture to show how well they stay in, but our computer only has pictures from May of 2009 and on, no earlier. But these bows were used when she was less than a month old and could have been used from day one had we known about them beforehand!

Kylie (the baby I watch) has been given some of Kayla's hand-me-down gripper bows and uses them, and I fully intend to make sure that Kayla's newest cousin who is on the way, Gabriella, has a nice stock of bows, as well. For her baby shower, Kayla is giving her cousin a NY Yankees bow, to start her collection. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment