We just keep swimming!

Friday, September 21, 2012

The Contained Poo- Cloth Diapers

Reason number..... well, I never really numbered them before, but let's say... five? That I love cloth diapers:
The contained poop-splosion. 

The pictures to follow will be gross. Please refrain from looking if you're weak of stomach or whatever. 

The guilty party:


The Look of things:

The truth of the matter:

If you're worried about a poop-explosion, then it's the runnier, newborn or breastmilk poop that is concerning. As they start eating solids and getting older, their poops stop being so liquid-like and are much more likely to stay put even in the worst-fitting of disposables. 

But there is no disposable that offers THAT sort of protection against leaks as seen above. 

Proof for me- I switched into disposables for the remainder of my stay at my Mother-in-law's house at her request, and we've already had three massive blow outs. I've experience a couple of leaks here and there with cloth because of them being snapped incorrectly, or because of a onesie stuck in the leg hole. But not once, even with the runniest breastmilk-poop, have we had a poo-going-up-the-back-of-the-shirt-and-down-the-legs-incident like we've had since the temporary switch. 

So yes, they really, really, really do work better with leaks. 




No comments:

Post a Comment