We just keep swimming!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Mating by Nicky Charles

I'd give this one 3 1/2 out of 5 stars. I 'a little more than' liked it.  It was written well-enough that I didn't really care much about the style, except for the dialogue at some points. That may be me, though. I almost always don't care for dialogue.

I just really liked this book for some reason despite what bothered me about it. Like I said, the dialigue was bad. Pretty horrid in some cases.  It makes me appreciate a book where the characters can speak with inducing douche-chills. And Elise, the main character, was dense. It took her 900 pages to work out "Marla did it," when as the reader you realize that on page, I don't know, ten. If there is a bad choice to make, Elise will make it, but at the same time it was nice reading about a female with some vague inkling of a spine. This isn't great literature, but there's something about it that I enjoyed. I will definitely be reading the next book.

So I can add another paranormal sort of romance to the list of enjoyable reads. I'm happy to since they're always so hit or miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment