We just keep swimming!

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Kitchen Table "stations"

I found a solution to my 'how to entertain Kayla while also caring for Paige" dilemma. I didn't mention a dilemma before this, but there's been one. I found it impossible to juggle nursing a newborn and keeping Kayla from destroying the house while I was occupied. Well, my sort of Montessori-inspired solution:

Ok, so it's not really a huge revelation. 

But Kayla is really excited about having special spots to play with certain things. It's fun for her to find out what activities I lay out for her each day. She even is really good about cleaning up after herself this way. She seems to like to make sure that each place at the table is kept exactly how it should be. 

So every day I just place 4 different activities out on the table--- one for each chair. There's always art stuff at one spot. The rest are varied between puzzles, blocks, card games, worksheets, magnets, a set of dolls, etc. 
And ta-da! One more way to keep her occupied while my hands are tied with the baby. 



No comments:

Post a Comment