We just keep swimming!

Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday

Well, it's the second Friday of two full weeks of this gig. As much as I love it, and know I'm lucky to do this, Fridays are just exhausting. Thursday is ok. On Thursday, I still think, "I can't believe how fast this week has gone!! This is the best job ever!! Time just has been flying by!!". But then I wake up Friday morning and think, "This is going to be the longest...day... ever." Maybe it's because the weekend is so close I can taste it, and I haven't had to appreciate the weekends in a really long time. Even when I was working and going to school, both full-time, I never really had a 'weekend'. Every single day was something. Either school, or work, or (more commonly) both. Granted, my job now isn't really something I think can be considered work. I get up whenever Kayla does, but realistically, if it weren't for Kayla rising early, I'd be able to get up 15 minutes before they arrive and I'd be fine. I don't even technically HAVE to get dressed, but I do for the sake of maintaining some professionalism, and in hopes that the day I happen to over-sleep and answer the door still in jammies with bedhead, they'll forgive me. So even though what I'm doing now is incredibly less demanding than my previous schedules, I've got this structure to my week that I'm not used to yet. So Friday, for the time being, is not my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment