We just keep swimming!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Updated Cloth Diaper Stuff

Hello, my name is Danielle, and I am addicted to cloth diapers.

I'm sure my addiction is no where near as bad as it could get, but considering that I'm attempting this in order to save money and can't seem to stop shopping, I'm not exactly proud. But hey, in the long run, I know I WILL save money- maybe just not as much as I had originally intended. 

So here's my updated stash so far- 
First up- my newborn stuff. 5 covers (just some thirsties and bummis), and 24 Green Mountain Diaper newborn size prefolds.  I'm not sure how I feel about prefolds. I attempted to practice folding them on one of Kayla's stuffed animals and it wasn't a pretty sight. But I took a lot of trusted advice and went with them for the first few weeks since most one-sized diapers won't fit NB, and that's what I wanted to really invest money in. 



Then the rest of the stash- 

First, my newest Sunbaby diapers. Size 1- they're still one-sized, but Sun Pei began making two one-sized diapers- one for tiny, skinny babies, the other for chunky babies. I ordered mostly size 2 the first time, so I ordered a few size 1's in hopes of using them right away, or close to it. And check out these patterns. Drool. 

Then on the shelf- top two are itti bitti d'lish AIOs. Got them on sale around black friday from Kellyscloset.com. I'm intrigued by the idea of AIOs, and they are just so super, amazingly soft that I sometimes wander in the nursery just to rub them. They're a small size, so hopefully I get to use those soon, too.  The shelf below has 3 BumGenius 4.0 Artist series, and then the rest of my Sunbaby diapers. Oh, how I love those Sunbabies. I so hope they work! 


And here's a closer shot of the rest of the Sunbaby diapers:


Closer look at the itti bitti diapers:



The inside of the itti bitti AIOs, with the extra snap in liner:


Up next- two Blueberry Pockets (OS), one Flip diaper, an itti bitti d'lish in Medium, and one motherease fitted:


Two econobum prefold and cover sets:


This is just a few miscellaneous items- a few prefolds, two tiddliwinks covers (Which are adorable!!), and 3 Blueberry pocket shells:


Covers-


Just another look at the other diapers- 


This is on my changing table. Cloth wipes, a spray bottle (with just water, for now) to wet the dry wipes. I also have a wipe warmer that I will have pre-moistened wipes in, but I didn't get that set up just yet. 


More cloth wipes


Ah, my planet wise diaper pail liner. And my stupid diaper pail. I thought I threw the thing out but found it buried in the basement. Truth be told, I hated the thing last time. No matter what we did this pail stunk! But I thought I'd give it a shot again since we did save it, brought it upstairs, cleaned it up, ordered the nifty pail liner- only to find it doesn't fit this pail. So we have to get a plain old covered garbage can sometime within the next couple of weeks if we plan on using this liner. I'm not opposed to using just a hanging wet-bag (which was my original plan) but since I already invested in the liner I figure I may as well just go get a cheap can. 



And here's the place where all my storage is going:

This picture was taken before Christmas- so don't mind the mess on the left. But this is my upcycled bookshelf that was originally destined for the trash. The thing looked like crap. I covered the drawers with batting and fabric and got some baskets and stuff for the shelves. One shelf is missing from it now... let me see if I can find a picture of where it got to.....

Well, this is as close as I have. The very bottom of that bamboo looking entertainment center, under the TV, there's a pinkish looking thing tucked away in there. That's the other shelf. The CD unit was falling apart and that drawer came off the runners and wouldn't go back on. So I just left it as an open space in that thing, and put the drawer under this entertainment stand and keep spare stuff in there now. 


Hmmm. 

Oh! And the last cloth-diaper related item- wipes solution. I have a ton of recipes, but decided to start off with just a water/soap solution. I'm really interested in the ones with the essential oils, but I've also read a ton of things saying that essential oils need to be used carefully around babies and certain ones are better left for when they get older. Playing it safe the first batch, I just did some soap and water.


And just to pretty it up a bit-


This is 16 cups of water, .5 cup of baby bath soap. 

When I start adding some oils later on, I'll probably add about .5 cups of a carrier oil (maybe almond? Not sure yet) and then a few drops of other essential oils- I'm think I'll definitely invest in some tea tree oil and lavender, but there are so many other options that are good for different things, and knowing myself,  I might wind up with so many different oils I could start up my own apothecary business. Moderation is not a strong point for me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment