We just keep swimming!

Friday, December 14, 2012

Ornaments- Santa's Key and Reindeer Food

I was posed with the question of how Santa was going to get in the house if we didn't have a chimney, and told Kayla that we leave him a key, or course. I wanted to go out and find some ornate, over-sized key to hang on the door but since we are running out of time (and money) before Christmas, I went a different route.

I had some spare glass ornaments left over from my last post.

And I had these charms for jewelry:


So she picked the key she wanted Santa to have and we just plopped it in. 

 Added some glitter:

And wrote on the ball "Santa, here's your key!" 
I told her that he uses Christmas Magic to make the key bigger, so that only HE can use it and no one else. When he's done he'll shrink it back to size and leave it in there for next year. 

We also made Reindeer food ornaments. I know the idea is to leave some on the ground to attract them to the house, which we'll do anyway. But I couldn't resist putting some in a ball in pretty layers. I don't thinks Kayla cares. I told her that the Reindeer will see the glitter in the ball from up in the sky and come down to our house. She bought it. (sucker!) ((Just kidding)). 

We'll tie them with some pretty ribbon and leave them on the doorknob outside.

Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment